Search Diary of a Cardioholic

Monday, March 1, 2010

Oh Spin Class...you kick my butt!

Jerry is an evil demon. He's also my spin instructor.



Thy and I went to the gym tonight and were going to do cardio, legs and back, but decided to see if there were any classes starting soon. Just our luck! A spin class was starting. Thy had taken several spin classes in the past. I, on the other hand, tried taking a spin class back in, oh...2003, and left after ten minutes. That's right, I LEFT AFTER 10 MINUTES. This time I was going to make it all the way through, and I did! The hubs and Thy's fiancee came and watched us through the viewing glass several times...and laughed at us. Asked if I would go again, I would! It was a fast hour, the music was bumping, and after learning from my previous spin experience that I could actually adjust the resistance levels during the workout, it wasn't too bad. Needless to say, we didn't do any weight lifting after the class. The way my arms, legs and back feel, I don't think we're missing out. The best part was, I gained 9 food points back, which you'll notice that I need once you see what I had for lunch:



3/1/10

Multigrain Cheerios - 2 points

1/2 cup skim milk - 1 point

string cheese - 2 points

2 slices of Woodstock Pepperoni Pizza - 18 points *don't judge*

Fiber One Yogurt - 0 points

Insane Spin Workout - +9 points

Grilled Flank Steak and Caramelized Onions - 9 points



Total points: 23 points



Dinner was delicious and super easy. Grill up some salt and peppered flank steak, saute some red onions, add the red peppers to the onion mix after the onions are soft. Throw some sage and oregano over the onions and heat up some black beans. Serve the veggies and steak on a tortilla and beans on the side. Simple...delicious.



Also, the hubs hid the scale from me today. Which is a good thing. I was weighing myself every morning and it totally killed my day if I hadn't lost weight from the night before. Tomorrow I'm going to measure myself and then each month I'll update you. That will be fun, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment