Search Diary of a Cardioholic

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Back On Track!

The hubs is home! Which of course makes me smile. I got to hear all about his time in Vegas, and can't wait for my trip there this weekend!

Tonight I made a delicious dinner of Salmon with Greek Yogurt Dill Sauce and mushrooms. The recipe was from Fitness magazine and was super easy to make. My one recommendation is that you find low fat plain yogurt. I opted for Greek yogurt because my Ralphs only carried plain yogurt in a monstrous container and I only needed six ounces. The Greek yogurt had 20 grams of fat! But split between the four of us it came out to two points each.

Here's the recipe if you are interested:

Cold-Fighting Recipe: Salmon with Yogurt-Dill Sauce and Spinach
Ingredients:
4 ounces salmon
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 cups baby spinach
2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon dried dill
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, shelled

DirectionsPreheat broiler. Broil salmon until flaky and opaque, about 9 minutes. Saute garlic and mushrooms in olive oil. Add spinach; remove from heat when spinach is wilted. Mix yogurt, dill, salt ,and pepper. Place salmon on spinach; top with sauce and sunflower seeds.

That recipe makes one serving. I quadrupled it. If you quadruple it, only double or triple the dill, it's pretty overpowering.

I also did cardio for an hour today: 40 minutes of interval training on the elliptical and twenty minutes walking on the treadmill. I earned 6 more food points for my hard work!

Points for the day:

Low Fat Greek Vanilla Yogurt - 3 points
Multigrain Cheerios - 2 points
1/2 cup milk - 1 point
String Cheese - 2 points
2 TBS Hummus - 2 points
7 Baby Carrots - 0 points
Salmon Dinner - 12 points (because of the high fat plain yogurt and salmon is 9 points)
One glass white wine - 4 points (yum)
Skinny Cow desert - 2 points (double yum)

Grand Total: 28 (I didn't use all of my exercise points, but I used most)

Also, I'm going to make the hubs hide my scale. I'm getting a little crazy over it. It's completely uneccessary for me to weigh myself each morning, but I do anyway, and then I get frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment