Search Diary of a Cardioholic

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Moment of Truth

You probably noticed that I was M.I.A. this past week. It was a long week for work. I put over a thousand miles on my car and passed the 100,000 mile mark. I had a planning fail which involved driving from California to Vegas March 5, then Vegas to California March 7, and then California to Vegas March 8, and then Vegas to Bakersfield March 9, and then Bakersfield to Irvine by way of San Diego March 10. Whooooo...just typing it out makes me tired. Needless to say I did not eat or work out nearly as well or often as I should have. Let's just say there was a Peanut Butter Shake, a Greek Gyro, and Sushi involved during the course of the week....and macaroni salad. I was only able to work out twice last week, mainly cardio, so it was safe to say I was DREADING weighing in on Saturday. Wanna know how I did?

I was up 0.2 lbs. Which is, basically, nothing. In the past that would have told me, oh you can eat whatever you want as long as you work out more, but this time I'm keeping up the eating right and the working out.

I had a lovely day off the diet Saturday:

2 Del Taco breakfast burritos: 12 points
1 small Cherry Coke: 2 points
1/4 of a large bucket of movie popcorn : 4 points
1 Box of Milk Duds: 4 points (they're better for you than Reeses Pieces)
2 1/4 slices of pepperoni pizza: 20 points
2 Coors Lights: 4 points
Hans Homemade Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich: I would guess at least 10 points

Workout: 45 minutes at moderate activity: +2 points
Weekly extra points: +35

Grand Total for Saturday: 56 points, 4 points below what I could have eaten. So I guess it's not possible for me to eat my full value of free points. I will try again next week. :)

Sunday was pretty reasonable, I didn't really keep track of points, but I had that French Country Salad from Cheesecake Factory and a 3 point ice cream cone from McDonalds. There was also a cheese and salami plate at the spa and a skinny cow that evening, but really....not too bad for a weekend.

Today:
We're out of milk, so breakfast has been upsetting.

One Slice Sara Lee DeLiteful bread: 1 point (technically only 1/2 a point, but let's not split hairs)
1 tablespoon peanut butter: 3 points
2 Trader Joes Soy Corndogs: 6 points
1 Skinny Cow: 2 points
1 string cheese: 2 points
3 cutie clementines: 2 points
6oz boneless skinless chicken breast: 6 points
Frenched green beans with olive oil: 3 points
Glass of Red Wine: 4 points

Workout:
60 minutes moderate intensity (leg weight lifting): +3
30 minutes high intensity (interval elliptical) + 4

Total Allowable Points: 30
Total Points Eaten: 29

BTW, there are two weeks left in the first quarter for work...I'm DYING! I'm kicking butt right now and I really wish that tomorrow was the last day of the quarter and that my quota stopped where it is right now. I hope everything keeps going the way it is now!

Eat Well Friends....and stay away from the In-N-Out 16 point milk shakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment